Saturday, October 6, 2018

IN MEMORIAM: BARBARA SIMMONS: THE MOST TALENTED ARTIST WITH WHOM I’VE EVER HAD THE HONOR OF WORKING!

  Some of you may be aware of the fact that I have had the pleasure & responsibility of teaching ART for about 43 years to probably thousands of students! There is ONE ARTIST who stands out amongst all of these many many students, (I feel uncomfortable even calling her a “student” because I have learned so much from her!)  This marvelous and extremely gifted artist is Barbara Simmons.  Barbara began her ART exploration as a painter and evolved into a sculptor/mixed media artist.  Her work demonstrates a uniqueness, freedom, humor, joie de vivre & a willingness to experiment reminiscent of other times before ART became so commercial! Indeed, Barbara works for herself alone in a dazzling & devoted labor of pure love!I 
I hope that you will enjoy the examples below of some of the visual joy produced by a truly talented ARTIST! 
*All pieces are mixed media.
**PLS. leave comments, you don’t need a google acct. you can simply put your name where it says name/URL, thx.

The beautiful ARTIST Barbara Simmons left this earthly world yesterday, Oct.12, 2018.  I can only hope that she might be somewhere where she can continue to create wonderful ART....who knows...


With Love & Admiration
Rivian


Barbara Simmons


Barbara In Process


In Process
                                                                               
Barbara Next To Her Sculpture

The King With His General

                                                                               

                                                                             




Barbara Using The Door Handle Her Son Forged 





















Barbara Next To Her Sculpture

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Barbara's work is incredible! I agree, what a talent!

Angelika Erne said...

I had the privilege working with Barbara for a couple of years. I miss her. I miss her knowledge, wit and humor. We sat together in the back row of the classroom. She would comment on my “ german” work ethic and would make me laugh so hard. She had an honesty about her. Barbara could lit up a room, just with her presence. She will shine every Wednesday while I am painting.
Love Angelika

Kathleen said...

Barbara’s art was the most imaginative creative expression I have had the pleasure to enjoy. Her sculptures were her friends.
I’m so grateful to have been included in her life. She has left a large footprint in mine.
I see her touching the universe in eternal Prisms of Color.
With love and admiration ,
Kathleen

rivian said...

Thank you Anonymous for your comment!
Rivian

rivian said...

Dear Angelika,
I am so very touched by your comments and I agree with all you said. Barbara will always shine on us all who have the good fortune of knowing her and especially for those of us who worked with her! I am so honored to have been called “muse” by Barbara!
Love,
Rivian

rivian said...

Dear Kathleen,
I remember when Barbara and you met in my studio, it was love at first sight wasn’t it? A mtg.of two very kindred spirits!
Thank you for sharing!
Love,
Rivian